How to be a Savvy Santa Clarita Home Buyer
Buying a Santa Clarita home is both easier and harder these days. Yes, it’s a buyer’s market, which implies that prices are lower, but it also means there are tons of homes for sale that you have to wade through to find your jewel. Purchasing a home is a lot easier when you know how to be a savvy home buyer.
Follow these five tips to get the Santa Clarita home of your dreams with less hassle and at a great price:
1. List your home before looking for another home. Contracts contingent on selling your existing home complicate the buying process and reduce your chance of getting a great bargain. Sellers are often unwilling to give any concessions if they have to wait for you to sell your home.
2. Get pre-approved for a loan. Sellers prefer to negotiate with buyers who are pre-approved for a loan large enough to purchase their home. The pre-approval may save you money because you’ll have more leverage to negotiate a lower price. Additionally, you’ll save time by looking exclusively at homes within your price range.
3. Ignore easy-to-change design issues. If the shag carpeting isn’t your style, you can easily change it after purchasing the home. Don’t like wallpaper? Remove it after you own the home. Envision what the home can look like with your personal touch.
4. Get a professional home inspection. Buying a home is one of the biggest purchases you will ever make, so be sure the structure is in good condition. During a home inspection, a qualified inspector takes a thorough, unbiased look at the property. The home inspection contingency is one you do want in your contract.
5. Make a serious offer. Listen to the price guidance your real estate agent provides and make an offer that won’t offend the seller. Most sellers expect an offer lower than the asking price, but they don’t want to feel insulted. You’ll get much closer to what you want to pay for the house if you treat the seller like you want to be treated – with respect and courtesy.
If you’re ready to buy a Santa Clarita home, let me help you get it at the best price and with as little hassle as possible. Give me a call today at [661-505-timv] or email me at [email@example.com] to get started. And check out my website at www.VWSellsHomes.com.