How Is the Insulation in Your Santa Clarita Home?
Now that summer is behind us, it’s a good time to get up in the attic and assess your insulation. If it’s been a while since it was installed, there may well be peaks and valleys in it that are less than ideal for keeping your Santa Clarita home comfortable and
Luckily, more insulation can be blown in over what you already have. Blown-in
cellulose insulation is a good option because it’s considered a “green” product, is highly effective and is less costly than fiberglass. Here are several benefits to adding cellulose insulation:
- Allows you to recycle while you insulate. As they say, if you don’t buy recycled, you’re not recycling. Cellulose insulation is made from recycled paper and treated with a flame retardant for safety.
- Controls pests. Now you can get cellulose insulation that is also treated with boric acid, a safe insecticide that is effective against both types of termites and cockroaches.
- Prevents mold. Boric acid is also effective against mold and mildew. This prevention is continuous after installation.
- Decreases air infiltration. Cellulose insulation outperforms fiberglass.
- Makes your home quieter. Insulation affords soundproofing benefits.
- Saves money. Of course, the main reason to insulate is to reduce the cost of heating and cooling your Santa Clarita home.
- Increases comfort. You’ll be surprised at how snug your home feels after adding to your insulation.
- Earns a tax credit. Note, this is not just a deduction. A tax credit is
directly applied to the amount of tax you owe. This credit is equal to 10 percent of the insulation cost (labor is not included), with a cap of $500. Act now, because this incentive expires at the end of 2011.
Added insulation is a good selling point in these competitive times and will continue to be so in the future with increasing energy costs.
If you prefer to buy a Santa Clarita home that’s already well insulated, I can help. Contact me today at [661-505-timv] or [email@example.com].