How to Sell Your Santa Clarita Real Estate this Winter
If you need (or want) to sell your Santa Clarita real estate this winter, you’ll have to step up your game a bit. People tend to be less likely to buy in the winter because the weather keeps them indoors rather than out house hunting. And let’s face it, most homes just don’t look as good in the brown, drab winter as they do in the spicy spring and summer.
If you’re one of the lucky owners with a home for sale in an area that stays beautiful all year long, you can still find a few tips here to help get your home ready to sell.
Six tips to help you sell your home this winter:
- Keep it cozy. You want your home to be warm so people can comfortably take their time viewing your Santa Clarita real estate. Saving money on heating costs isn’t worth it if it means freezing out your potential buyers.
- Turn up the light. Keep curtains and blinds open during the day. Turn on your lights, both inside and out, at night. Put your lights on timers if you won’t be home until after dark. Use motion detectors to light up in the evening when a potential buyer approaches your doorstep.
- Point out cold-weather benefits. Have mass transit within walking distance? That’s a big benefit in bad weather because you don’t have to de-ice or dig your car out of the snow in order to get to work. Have an attached garage? Ditto.
- Take advantage of good winter locations. If your home is in a location that people flock to in the winter, say an area with great outdoor winter sports such as skiing or a warm-weather area like Florida, now is the time prime time to promote your house! Put all you’ve got into marketing the benefits of living where it’s always sunny or where winter living is fun.
- Set the mood. Play soft, classical music. Toss afghans or throws across the back of your sofa. Hang plush robes in your bedroom or bathroom.
- Clear away snow and ice. Shovel a path through the snow so potential buyers don’t have to get out their snowshoes. De-ice your driveway, sidewalk, steps and porch to prevent slips and falls.
If you’re ready to sell your Santa Clarita real estate this winter, I can help. Give me a call today at [661-505-timv] or email me at [firstname.lastname@example.org] for more information.