Get Your Santa Clarita Home Ready for Its Close-up
The winter season makes staging, or the concept of showing your Santa Clarita home at its best, even more important. Follow these tips to make your home irresistible:
- Make every surface shine: Shine bathroom fixtures, stove, refrigerator and faucets.
- Sweep your front porch: Sweep away all those leaves stuck in the corners.
- Clean, Clean, Clean: Everything from lamps and light fixtures to bulbs and baseboards.
- Add fresh flowers: Put them on the entry table, dining room table and anywhere else that needs a splash of color.
- Remove all clutter: Put it in a storage locker or a friend’s garage. Take down all your personal pictures. Buyers want to picture their belongings in the house, not yours.
- Burn potpourri: Or bake something to leave out for potential buyers.
- Leave every light on: And every interior door open.
- Keep snow and ice at bay: If your Santa Clarita home is under winter conditions, be sure to keep walkways and driveways clear of snow and ice.
- Warm it up. Adjust the thermostat so your home is warm and inviting.
- Take advantage of natural light: Encourage showings during daylight hours. Have all curtains and blinds open during the day and closed at night.
- Wash the windows: Buyers act on first impressions; the strong winter sun can reveal grime and turn away prospective buyers.
- Create a little atmosphere: Play music softly in the background. Tune the radio to a classical station, and turn it down so that you barely hear it in the background.
- Show off hardwood floors: Pull up that wall-to-wall carpeting, clean the floors, store the throw rugs and show the wood!
- Freshen the walls: At a minimum, clean the walls from top to bottom. If they still look dingy, give them a fresh coat of paint. That is the quickest and fastest way to freshen up a room.
- Use the rule of 3 – Three items per surface, in every room. Make it look uncluttered and clean by doing this.
If you are ready to sell your Santa Clarita home, I can help you get it on the market and sold. For more information, call me today at [661-505-timv] or email me at [firstname.lastname@example.org].